Download additional information about Conference (Ninth Conference).
The Ninth International Conference
On “Regional Development Issues, tendencies and challenges”
Conference Day May 6, 2017, Venue: College of International Management “Globus” street Bedri Pejani #1, Prishtina 10000, Republic of Kosova
In its Program of Scientific Research, College of International Management “Globus” in cooperation with its partners University of Tirana, Economic Faculty, Albania, Agriculture University of Tirana, Economic Faculty, Albania, Poitiers University, Poitiers, France, Institute of Economic Research “Globus” Prishtina, Kosovo Chamber of Commerce, and Kosovo announces and calls for participation in Ninth International Scientific Conference.
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
An increased interest in the region as a scale of economic organization has been apparent within economic geography over the past decade or so. In view of the apparent shift towards a ‘knowledge-driven economy’, the capacity of regions to support processes of learning and innovation has been identified as a key source of competitive advantage. Such an objective may not be achieved without policies, strategies, knowledge transfer, technology transfer and experiences of regional development, that promote the best administration and management of single countries.
Globus College and Conference in itself aims to bring scholars and researchers from different disciplines and countries together and elaborate scientific achievements.
The conference would cover various topics such are:
- Economic and commercial ties correlation Balkan countries among them,
- On public-private efficiency Balkan economies,
- Insurance market in local Balkan economies?
- Emerging issues in international business
- Sustainable development and public policy
- Managerial and business implications in the light of integration processes
- Challenges in entrepreneurial SME development
- Managing innovations and technology
- Tourism sector specific management issues/tourism and its impact on society and culture
- Regional policies and society requirements
- Reforms in Local governance;
- Debate on urban waste; increased awareness on the role of the citizen.
- Efficient community and communal environment.
- Government fiscal changes and foreign businesses and investments,
- Challenges of Foreign investments in the region?
- Carrier chances for graduates in the Balkans.
- Illegal constructions, unplanned/uncontrolled development or a product of free economy?
- Features and advantages of regional economy?
- Are the touristic developments in our country going in the right direction?
- A college of fashion or a vocational education?
- The ease of doing business by the youth
- Youth talents, social network and investing in the future
- School defects from the youth perspective
- Who is the role model in the regional society: political, intellectual, business or artistic elite?
As well as other topics that correlate with the conference theme.
Scientific Board consists of:
- Dr. Nazmi MUSTAFA – College of International Management “Globus”
- Dr. Sherif BUNDO – Faculty of Economy at University of Tirana and Albanian Center for Risk
- Dr. Ahmet CENI – Faculty of Economy at University of Tirana
- Dr. Vasilika KUME – Faculty of Economy at University of Tirana
- Dr. Shyqri KELMENDI – College of International Management “Globus”
- Dr. Evelyne LANDE – Poitiers University
- Dr. Flutra KALEMI – Agriculture University of Tirana, Albania
- ass.dr.Enver KRASNIQI – College of International Management “Globus”
- Safet GËRXHALIU – Kosovo Chamber of Commerce, Prishtina, Kosovo
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals for individual papers are evaluated by a team of reviewers according to each of the following criteria:
- Title: clear description of presentation and its contents
- Conciseness, coherence, clarity and focus of presentation
- Methodology: research design if an empirical study, including clearly stated questions, data sources, data collection procedures, analytic approach and results
- Relevance, currency, appropriateness and significance of the topic/issue/problem
- Theoretical orientation and/or practical application to the field
FACTORS AFFECTING SELECTION
Therefore, an important factor in selection is programme balance. The Conference Scientific Committee will seek such balance in:
- Range and significance of topics
- Level of expertise
- Interests covered
- Relevance of the proposal to the Conference’s theme
- Clear and concise description of the paper presentation, conveying the paper’s importance and significance in the field
- Evidence of a high standard of research and/or practice (where applicable)
It is recommended that you read the above criteria carefully and refer to them as you are drafting your proposal.
- Paper should be written in Albanian or English, single-spaced on standard-sized paper A4 with Line and Paragraph Spacing 1″ margins on all sides. You should use 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
- Paper should include four major sections: the Title Page, Abstract, Main Body, and References.
- Line Spacing: Single-space throughout the paper, including the title page, abstract, body of the document, references, appendixes, footnotes, tables, and figures.
- Title Page: It should contain the title of the paper, the author’s name & surname, institutional affiliation, and E mail address, (Do not use titles Dr. or degrees Ph.D. etc) and continue next row with “body” of abstract. We recommend that your title to be no more than 12 words in length and that it should not contain abbreviations or words that serve no purpose. Your title may take up one sentence, one or two lines.
- Abstract: The abstract should be limited from 250 to 300 words with 5 keywords. For papers in Albanian language Abstract must be translated into English Language.
- Main Body: It is important part of paper and will include indent of all issues that are reflected in summarizing abstract from introduction, aim of your study/research together with research topics, detailed research questions, participants, applied scientific methods, tables, graphs, data analysis, used findings, and conclusions. Suggestion and recommendations are another key point of paper.
- References: It will be according to the APA Referencing System. This international conference uses the APA (American Psychological Association) referencing style. Please consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Fifth Edition, ISBN 1-55798-790-4 or (Click here) for further style guidelines. It should be noted that only works cited in the paper can be included in the references section.
- Paper length: We recommend 6-10 pages
- Submit your abstract and CV to email@example.com
- If your abstract is selected you are welcome to submit full paper to the conference committee by the designated schedule, Selected papers will have the opportunity to be published in International Journal of Management and Business Economics(IJMBE) ISSN 2304-0207 , a peer-reviewed journal, or Knowledge-E Social Science conference proceedings, indexed by Crossref., Scopus, etc;
- Applicants, whose proposal is accepted, should submit full paper in max. 6000 words;
- Presentation and outcome of topics should be done within the deadlines;
- Each topic will be referred with up to 10 minutes. Preferred presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or later. The presentation reflects topics from received paper;
- Organizational Council reserves the rights to review the topics to avoid repetition and duplication in cooperation with the authors. Commission guarantees the inviolability of copyright and freedom of inalienable and unlimited speakers to express;
IMPORTANT DATES AND INSTRUCTIONS DEADLINES
- Abstracts submission: March 15, 2017
- Acceptance notification of abstract papers: March 25, 2017
- Submission of final papers: April 21, 2017
- Registration fee through April 24 – 28, 2017
- Conference Day May 6, 2017
|Payment INSTRUCTION||BANK DETAILS|
|BENEFICIARY DETAILS : INSTITUTI GLOBUS||BIC : BPBXXKPR|
|IBAN: XK0513-00-0010018763.25||BANKA PER BIZNES SH.A|
|BENEFICIARY NAME: INSTITUTI GLOBUS||UCK STR. 41|
|ADRESS: BEDRI PEJANI no1||10000 PRISHTINA|
- 60 Euro per paper with one Author
- 30 Euro per each co-author
Above fees cover each accepted abstract of the Conference. The fee includes: Certificate of Attendance and Presentation in Conference per Author, Conference materials, Conference proceeding (with ISBN) and a buffet menu.
Prof. dr. Sherif BUNDO
President of Organizational Council of the Ninth International